Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2008

The Thanksgiving festivities began with a trip to the Northwest. Yes, that's right, Mommy went solo. I was supposed to attend a New Kids on the Block concert (I can hear you laughing) but they cancelled their show. Not to worry, Steph, Doug, Gerben, Miki and I had more time together. We had our own Thanksgiving celebration complete with a smoked turkey courtesy of Gerben. If you haven't ever smoked a turkey, I highly recommend it. We each contributed to the cooking (and drinking) and it was a fantastic meal. The Northwest weather was the perfect fall experience and I had a wonderful time.

The next day, we welcomed some of the Lepperts, the Kidd Family, and Donnie and Desiree to our home for Thanksgiving. I utilized my new kitchen in every way. Each guest brought a dish and we served the dinner buffet-style. It was a wonderful day filled with food, family, and fun. Our love to all!


No comments: